Poor oral hygiene can result in
- Bleeding gums
- Staining/discolouration of teeth
- Bad Breath(Halitosis)
- Gum disease/Periodontal Disease
- Loose teeth and early tooth loss
We are committed to helping you to achieve the best results and will recommend use of our experienced professional hygienist services if necessary. Claire Lewis has been working at the Grove for approximately 14 years and has a wealth of experience and knowledge on helping you to care for your mouth. She is a valuable member of our practice team as your teeth can only look great if your gums are healthy and, with the right commitment, she will help you to achieve this.
Your visit to the hygienist will include:
- Instruction on how to clean your teeth and gums including how to use interdental brushes and floss. She may recommend power brushes to some patients if necessary.
- Measurements of the extent and rate of progression of gum disease using specialised instruments
- Removal of plaque and calculus
- Removal of surface stain- sometimes heavy staining may need further more advanced polishing techniques and it may be recommended that you have an air polish to remove any unsightly interdental stains.
- Smoking cessation advise.
You can do a great deal to help yourself and the hygienist, as you are in control of your mouth between visits to the practice. Following a good toothbrushing and interdental cleaning regime will maximise the value of your hygienist visit.